CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 123 Challenge!

I love the 123 Challenges and try to do it every month. I really loved this months challenge because it was messy, messy, messy!

The criteria for this month was:
COLOUR: AQUA/TEAL
WORD: "THING" - could be anything, everything, something etc...
TECHNIQUE: Create A Scene

I am almost finished Christy Tomlinson's SheArt course so I am right in the zone for creating cool, textured backgrounds. It's been fun to just let the process guide me. To go with the artistic flow, as it were. I am seriously loving this course! It was great to put all the new skills into my scrapbooking.

So here is what I came up with this month.




The close ups show the background which was built up from book papers, old sheet music, spray and paint.
I love that this layout uses a mixture of old and new products. Like the brand new Mister Huey spray in "bluegrass" to the old as the hills Making Memories foam stamps. I really enjoyed using these stamps again, its been a long time since they've graced a layout, because I am guilty of always going to the shiny new products but after this I think I might hunt about for some other older products to breath new life into!
Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi.. i am just passing by and thought i would check out what everyone has done for this challenge.. this is amazing! really arty and beautiful.. well done!

    ReplyDelete