CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 9, 2012

Long time No Post

Wow its been a while since I've been on here! But that's December isn't it?

December was CRAZY busy - with the end of prep for Mackenzie, the end of kinder for Ethan and of course a visit from the big fella in red!

Mackenzie is going up to Grade One - she is delighted because she will have Ms. Osman next year. Unfortunately none of her friends will be in her class next which is a bit disappointing for her but she handled it so well. I think I was more upset than she was. I really liked all the mums from this year. I'm sure next years mum will be great too, but I'll just miss our little chats. She was sad to say goodbye to Miss Preston, but ready for a new adventure!

I was very sad to say goodbye to Ethan's kinder teacher, Catie. Ethan wont be staying at the centre for 4 year old kinder so we had to say a heart wrenching goodbye not only to catie but to the centre our family has been part of since 2006. Catie had taught Mackenzie for two years and this year she taught Ethan, so she was like a part of the family. I will miss our little chats everyday. She is going to live in the UK with her Scottish boyfriend and I just know great things will happen for her.

Christmas Day was full of excitement - some good, some not so good. The day started off hot and humid, I was in a mood and I was not much looking forward to the day. My sister prepared an awesome meal - roast turkey, roast pork, baked ham, potatoes, pumpkin, pavlova - the whole nine yards! It was a great meal. Not five minutes after we'd eaten the rain started. Slow, big, cold raindrops. Then came the HAIL. Hail, the likes of  which I had never seen. They were the size of golf balls and they rained down on us for hours. My sisters roof began to leak and the mad rush for buckets was on. The kids thought it was AWESOME, they ran from window to window to see the hail hitting different things! No damage at my sisters house.

I only live a few streets from my sister so we knew our house would have taken some hits too. At first it looked as though we'd gotten away with no damage; then we went into the laundry and our skylight had been decimated. The laundry and toilet were flooded and perspex was everywhere. Rain was still pouring down. I called the SES because there was no way I was letting Dan up there. They came the following day and patched up our skylight so we no longer have a hole in our ceiling. Thank God! Its still not fixed but its not just a big hole either - watch this space for more updates on operation skylight!

No comments:

Post a Comment