CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 14, 2011

Show us your stuff - November 1st!

The November 1st challenge at Show us your stuff is a sketch challenge.

Here is the sketch
And here is my layout
If you squint really hard and turn your head you can see that I have used the sketch! LOL!

I don't really hand make anything, so thank god for Purple Pumpkin buttons and A Lil Something cogs!

I even managed to do the extra challenge of including some blanket stitching! Go me! This is a huge achievement for me because  I do not hand sew. I can machine sew but I have short fat fingers with little fine motor control so hand sewing is not me forte. Thankfully I picked up one of these recently and it has made my life sooo much easier. I feel so much more confident hand sewing on my layouts now.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Amanda!!! he does look a bit freaked ;) xoxo Charmane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your man is certainly braver than I would be Amanda! Great LO! Thanks for playing along with us at Show Us Your Stuff xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - you say you don't hand stitch? Wow - that is so much neater than my effort! Well done and thanks for your great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I assure you my handstitching is only neat because of the "sew easy" piercer!

    ReplyDelete